Friday, July 22, 2011

Final Post

This has been such an incredible week of learning for me. First of all, I really want to say thank you to Deb, but also to each of my classmates. Our class has worked so well together, always supporting one another no matter what level of expertise we bring. I always enjoy this feeling in the weeklong JMA, likely because it is such a lonely adventure once we return to the classroom. I feel rejuvenated once again.

One of the things that I will remember as I head back is how nice it feels to be in control of your learning again. Technology has definitely passed me by. Information is easy to access, but there is so much of it. This is completely overwhelming most often, resulting in me just sticking to what I know...very old school. This week has made learning fun again. By learning 'how to learn' about new technology or web tools, I feel I'm back in action. Thanks Deb--for introducing new language and forcing us to use it. Thanks Common Craft for creating such simplistic videos that give me the confidence that even I can get the hang of this new thing! I think this lesson is very valuable as we head back into the classroom. I am guessing that at least one of my students will feel that chemistry is too overwhelming...I will try to remember this feeling of being unable to move.

Have a great rest of the summer--and a great school year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment