Friday, July 22, 2011

My Final Blog Posting by Leanne

What events and information stood out for you? Why? 1. I really value being in a small group of people to learn new technology. I think that is key, and it maximizes what I can learn.
2. My tour of American Family was very beneficial. I appreciated getting a chance to see the 'corporate world' and also learn that 'soft skills' and 'hard skills' are equally important. I also like the idea that today's students need to have a holistic 'corporate lattice' mentality rather than power-driven 'corporate ladder' mentality.
3. My understanding of iPads, iPods, iTouches, and all other iStuff (that's my term!) is definitely clearer. An iPad is on my list of things to buy by the time summer is over. There are so many ways to use one, and I want to start exploring as soon as possible. Part of me would like to look into writing a grant to purchase one or a few for my classroom. The money is out there. You just have to work to get it sometimes.

What ideas/activities do you want to remember for your classroom?
1. I need to give students time to play and self-discover when it comes to some of the sites I may show them. Sometimes I feel like I need to model and show them everything, but what I've discovered through my own participation in this class is that I was able to discover a lot of additional features on my own just through trial and error.
2. Animoto, Paperrater, MuseumBox, and Picnik are probably the sites I see myself using the most in both my professional AND personal life. I'm also excited about reorganizing my educational links on my blog using LiveBinder.

Thanks, Deb, for sharing all you know with us! It was an excellent class and just what I was looking for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment